Tuesday 5 March 2013

Doodle box project.

When Tristan Manco visited we were told to make a entry for the doodle box project and he would judge it. I had a quick look here for inspiration http://www.boxdoodle.com/old_stuff/2005-2010/.
This is the guy I made, "Ryan Mcgreger" He's a cat that lives of cup a soups, hence why he's so thin.
When I showed him to Tristan Manco, I don't think he was too impressed, but advised that I could try make a family of these guys. My need for cute things pretty much over ruled what I was gunna make- whereas I think the project was supposed to make me see what was there and rebel and graffitti over it and turn it into a statement or make it look cool. Whereas what I did was modify a box and cut it to my liking into a springy toy like cat, which makes at least me happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment